Her brutally honest words should shake us up.
“Instead of looking for hope, look for action.” Take your steps. Educate yourself. Prioritize. There are many things you can do, and most of them won’t even effect your own comfort. Maybe you need to be more mindful and plan ahead. Maybe you just have to look into what’s available and do a tiny change. Just be aware of your own footprint and its effect on the World – we only have one from it, so we should treasure it and take care of it not only for ourselves, but for the future generations to come.
What are some easy steps you could take?
- become a conscious consumer and think about what you purchase and its impact on the environment
- use public transportation
- eat less meat and dairy
- stop using single-use plastic items
- pay voluntary carbon tax if you wish
- change to sustainable power companies
- lead by example
You don’t have to do everything and you don’t have to do all of that at the same time. Change doesn’t come overnight. But if we all start to take baby steps, it all adds up.
Michael Jackson – Earth Song